Friday 11 December 2015

The journey begins...


 A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
LAO-TZU, Tao Te Ching

Hello and welcome,

This is a new space to share knowledge, dreams, schemes and other interesting things. I am an avid reader of self-help, spiritual, religous, psychology and philosophy text. I am also a very curious questioning and creative soul who is keen to learn and share my findings with you. 

I hope that you find some sense in my ramblings. I, like many of you, have a rambling creatve mind that likes to weave toegther the apparantly different strands and themes of knowledge. 

anyways...to begin to begin...

Today I picked up a very ragged and worn yet appealing looking book called 'The Tai Cho Journey' by John Lash. Within a few pages it had me hooked. the first and most interesting point he makes, very early on is about finding our nature. This is something that interests me greatly. it is a common theme of self help and spiritual writing. It's the 'who am I?'...'what is my purpose?' quandry in a new language. 

The Chinese call acting on nature, 'doing nothing' Wu Wei. It means to act without purpose, to be spontaneous and to react by guidence of your true authentic nature as opposed to a purposeful, planned reaction. The universe, the Toa simply moves so to be spontaneous is to become one with the universe, with the flow. Tai Chi is an imitation of the Tao, of the flow.  

As John Lash explains, 'you must drop your pattern of ideas, judgements, goals and ambitions and simply flow with your nature to where it takes you.' This takes a great deal of trust and a leap of faith. I am still learning and although the idea is a simple one. Simplicity can be deceptively challenging when we are so conditioned by our western, materialistic, logical, competitive, left brain way of thinking. 

So I will leave it there for today. 
There is much to ponder on the discovery of our true nature. How do we know, what does it feel like, how can we know? How can we live in our society yet not be of it. To possess with possessing. To relinquish desire in a society that capitalises on it, is no small task. I like a challenge and it feels like the right direction to be heading. Farewell for now :) 
Peace and light, 



No comments:

Post a Comment